Saturday, August 23, 2008

Franciscan University of Steubenville

Wow! That is all I can say for my first week living in Steubenville. Classes begin on Tuesday (August 26th) and I find myself feeling like a Pavlovian Dog. All the new graduate students are chomping at the bit to begin classes as well. There is so much to write that I can't find the time to keep this blog current. I am excited for my four classes: Vatican II, Catechesis, Scripture - Heart of Catechesis, and PBS 1 (Old Testament). I have my books now and ready to go. Look for a new Blog on Tuesday or Wednesday explaining my first days of school.  

On a personal note, I am making lots of new friends here at Franciscan. There are so many new friends, I can barely remember all of their names. I can clearly say that this is where God wants me to be at this time in my life. College life and the whole campus environment is such a blast. On Friday, we had the Oath of Fidelity Mass here at Franciscan. This is where the new professors profess their fidelity to the teachings of the Catholic faith and promise not to teach against it. It was an amazing Mass with the Bishop of Steubenville, Most Rev. Daniel Conlon.  This Mass was only the tip of spiritual iceberg that I will experience here at the Franciscan University of Steubenville.   

1 comment:

The Winterings said...

We put your blog on our blog list so people can see what you are up to!! Exciting times for you Tommy! Enjoy this experience!! I am sure you will have the time of your life!

Many prayers! The Wintering Clan