Sunday, August 31, 2008

First Week of Classes at Franciscan

I am currently sitting in the John Paul II Library. I have been in here for the past 3 1/2 hours reading. I should really be reading Dei Verbum for Sr. Johanna's class, but I have been playing on Facebook. I will be up late tonight reading that Vatican II document as well as 20 pages in another book about the history of Vatican II. This is life here at FUS when your studying theology at the graduate level.  

We just finished our first week of classes. Let me say - WHOA! My "WHOA" has a dualistic meaning to it. First, my classes just ROCK of orthodoxy. They are really amazing and my professors are just spectacular. Franciscan is such a holy and Catholic institution. The second meaning is that I have so much reading ahead of me that the Tommy Perna of old is now gone. I was once a fun guy in a previous life (2 weeks ago), but since I am now in this program, my attitude has switched to study, study, study. I am not complaining, but making an observation. The primary reason I am here at FUS is to attain my Masters in Theology. 

My classes are as followed: Teachings of Vatican II (Fr. Dan Patee, TOR), Principles of Biblical Study I - Old Testament (Dr. John Bergsma [this class is great because Dr. Bergsma is very funny]), Catechetics (Sr. M Johanna Paruch), and Scripture, the Heart of Catechesis (Bob Rice). 

Please pray for me this semester! All my family and friends back in Phoenix and around the globe are in my prayers.  Pax! 

1 comment:

The Winterings said...

Gosh back in the day!! Study hard, yet enjoy the time as well! Like the updates Tommy!

With love, the winterings